John Holbrook's Ohio University Webpage
Hi, I'm John Holbrook, an undergraduate student at Ohio University simultaneously pursuing a B.S. in Computer Science and a B.A. in Mathematics, with expected graduation in May 2020.
My academic interests center around the use of consumer robotics platforms as an educational tool at the elementary and secondary levels. This manifests itself as volunteering at various educational robotics conpetitions throughout West Virginia and southeastern Ohio (including FLL, FTC, VRC, and VEXU), as writing and resources related to educational robotics on my personal website, and as a small robot I operate which can be driven over the internet.
Some of my other interests include small sailboat racing, sailing instruction, 3D printing, and listening to podcasts.
As Fleet Captain and Safety Officer of the OU Sailing Team, I oversee maintenance of team equipment, help run practices and lessons for new sailors, and ensure team safety at practices and regattas in Athens and throught the midwest.
ContactThe best way to contact me is via email:
CourseworkI have taken, am taking, or will take the following courses at OU:
- CS 4000 - Distributed, Parallel, & Web-Centric Computing
- EE 3613 - Computer Organization
- EE 3713 - Applied Probability & Statistics for Electrical Engineers
- EE 3954 - Microprocessors & Microcontrollers
- MATH 3400 - Elementary Differential Equations
- CS 3610 - Data Structures
- MATH 3300 - Calculus 3
- PHYS 2052 - General Physics 2
- SPAN 2120 - Intermediate Spanish 2
- CS 2650 - Professional and Ethical Computing
- CS 3000 - Intro to Discrete Structures
- CS 3560 - Software Engineering Tools & Practies
- PHYS 2051 - General Physics 1
- MUS 1000 - Intro to Music Theory
- ET 1500 - Engineering & Technology Career Orientation
- CS 2401 - Intro to Programming in C++ 2
- EE 1024 - Intro to Computer Engineering
- MATH 3200 - Applied Linear Algebra
- ENG 1510 - Writing & Rhetoric 1
More info can be found at my personal website, johnholbrook.us.