John Holbrook's Ohio University Webpage
Hi, I'm John Holbrook, an undergraduate student at Ohio University simultaneously pursuing a B.S. in Computer Science, with expected graduation in May 2020.
My academic interests center around the use of consumer robotics platforms as an educational tool at the elementary and secondary levels. This manifests itself as volunteering at various educational robotics conpetitions throughout West Virginia and southeastern Ohio (including FLL, FTC, VRC, and VEXU), as writing and resources related to educational robotics on my personal website, and as a small robot I operate which can be driven over the internet.
Some of my other interests include small sailboat racing, sailing instruction, 3D printing, and listening to podcasts.
As Commodore of the OU Sailing Team, I ensure compliance with University and MCSA policies, help run practices and lessons for new sailors, and work with other officers to coordinate the team's recreational and competitive activities.
ContactThe best way to contact me is via email:
CourseworkI have taken, am taking, or will take the following courses at OU:
- CS 4250 - Operating Systems
- CHEM 1510 - Fundamentals of Chemistry 1
- COMS 1010 - Fundamentals of Human Communication
- ET 1100 - Engineering Graphics Fundamentals
- CS 4250 - Interactive Computer Graphics
- CS 4040 - Design & Analysis of Algorithms
- CS 3200 - Organization of Programming Languages
- ENG 3030J - Writing in the Professions
- CS 4000 - Distributed, Parallel, & Web-Centric Computing
- EE 3613 - Computer Organization
- EE 3713 - Applied Probability & Statistics for Electrical Engineers
- EE 3954 - Microprocessors & Microcontrollers
- MATH 3400 - Elementary Differential Equations
- CS 3610 - Data Structures
- MATH 3300 - Calculus 3
- PHYS 2052 - General Physics 2
- SPAN 2120 - Intermediate Spanish 2
- CS 2650 - Professional and Ethical Computing
- CS 3000 - Intro to Discrete Structures
- CS 3560 - Software Engineering Tools & Practies
- PHYS 2051 - General Physics 1
- MUS 1000 - Intro to Music Theory
- ET 1500 - Engineering & Technology Career Orientation
- CS 2401 - Intro to Programming in C++ 2
- EE 1024 - Intro to Computer Engineering
- MATH 3200 - Applied Linear Algebra
- ENG 1510 - Writing & Rhetoric 1
More info can be found at my personal website, johnholbrook.us.